Mark is a professional triathlete specialising in Middle Distance racing. He previously raced the ITU series as a member of the British Triathlon World Class team. In his first year racing professionally (2012) and longer distance he achieved a 3rd in Ironman 70.3 UK and 4th in Ironman 70.3 South Africa.
Having come from a swimming background, he has become known for his strength over the swim leg. Last year he lead out every swim including setting swim course records in 3 Ironman 70.3’s.
Mark grew up in the heart of Wiltshire and moved to Loughborough University to study Industrial Design and Technology, alongside training with British Triathlon.
Coaching has become a passion for Mark, being able to share his knowledge and experience from his own racing. He enjoys coaching athletes of all abilities, so don’t be put off by the ‘professional athlete’ element. Mark has been there, made the beginner triathlete mistakes, so you don’t have to.
Mark bases himself in Bath and Wiltshire.
Significant achievements to date:
- Ironman 70.3 UK – 3rd
- Ironman 70.3 South Africa – 4th
- Castle triathlon Series Champion, x 2
- Hy-vee, Des Moines 5150 Elite Cup, 2012
- ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships – Bronze (U23 Elite)
- ITU European Duathlon Championships – Silver (Junior Elite)
- ITU World Duathlon Championships – 7th (U23 Elite)
- English Standard Distance Age Group Champion, 2011
- Vitruvian Triathlon Champion, 2011
- British Universities Champion x 2